The Question:

What impact does family have during the different stages of our lives?

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Off and Running

What impact does family have during the different stages of our lives?

The relationship I share with my family has been many things; enduring, secure, exhilarating, vexing, but most of all loving.

This relationship, no matter the twists and turns it takes, is built upon unconditional love. I know that my family will rejoice with me when I succeed, but that they will walk with me through the hard times I am bound to face as well.

As I have grown, my relationship with my family has changed. When I once depended on my parents for everything, I have now become more independent and do more for myself than I ever have before. My parents no longer take care of me in the way they used to. It is normal for me to feed and clothe myself and even to get myself to the places I need to be and do the things I need to do; my parents do less for me now in that aspect of my life, but the appreciation I have for them has grown.

Yes, my family impacted me when I was younger. It was from them that I learned lying and hitting are bad and that I always need to use my manners, but the impact I now feel has shaped me into who I am, not just what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment